the whole ball of wax

     In Jerry Saltz's article, I believe he is comparing life to a whole ball of wax. People have different perspectives on life. If life is a ball of wax, people can mold it into whatever they please. It is our genuine emotions that lead us to change our life situations in order to be satisfied with the art that we molded the ball of wax into. Everyone is a creator and in order to be a creator, you must have some kind of an imagination. When artists create content, there is always a certain memory or experience that is linked to whatever they are creating. As Saltz said, "I experience, therefore I am." For example, songwriters write songs about their past experiences. None of what they write about can be pulled out of thin air, which is what makes it so genuine. Art is beautiful because it allows people to look at the world in a different way.
     Art allows me to share with the world what I see and how I feel. I have a burning passion for music and photography. Both are forms of art that allow me to reflect on myself. When I play guitar and sing, I feel free. I am also often inspired by art created by others. It is amazing how other people's creations can be so relatable. Art is the most unique and honest form of communication. It can be interpreted in different ways, which is one reason why art is so freeing. I strongly agree with Peter Schjeldahl's view on how art is a journey to self. Through art, a person can physically see or hear the progress of his or her journey through life.
     Art is without a doubt essential to life. It cannot be escaped because people are constantly creating. Whether it is music playing in the store or graffiti on the walls, art is everywhere. I believe art has more than enough potential to change the world. One piece of art can easily cause a chain of inspired people to create. I want to strive to be one of those people that keeps the chain going.


Comments

Popular Posts